***Complimentary relaxation or therapeutic massage is included with your registration if you book before June 29.
***Space is very limited; book now to ensure your spot!
This inspiring and educational weekend provides women the technique and know-how to safely run trails and make running an integral part of a healthy lifestyle. All you need is basic running fitness and no other special skills are required.
This non-competitive, active retreat features daily guided trail runs and expert-led seminars on sports conditioning, proper running form, sports nutrition and injury prevention.
For each run, the group is divided into several pace groups (offering shorter and longer run options, ranging from 4 to 12 miles) so there’s no pressure to match someone else’s pace.
Will day will offer a balance of active adventure on the trails and free time relax in your a cozy log cabin, soak in the hot springs, take a yoga class or get a massage.
**Click here to view the tentative itinerary.**
Retreat Pacakge Details
• Three nights’ accommodation at Avalanche Ranch in the Crystal River Valley at the base of Mount Sopris.
• Nourishing, groumet meals from Thursday dinner through Sunday brunch.
• Wine and cheese welcome reception on Thursday evening.
• Two rejuvenating yoga classes designed specifically for runners with Mobile Yogi’s Emily Hightower
• Four guided trail runs with experienced and knowledgeable trail runners.
• Ground transportation between Avalanche Ranch, trail heads and other off-site locations.
• Complimentary energy food and drinks and recovery drinks.
• Individual assessment of running form, tips for trail-running technique.
• Seminars on training, sports nutrition, goal setting, trail-running gear and injury prevention.
• Keynote speech from champion ultrarunner and mom, Darcy Africa.
• Complimentary issue of Trail Runner magazine.
• Run Wild Retreats limited edition technical t-shirt.
• Goodie bag including generous gifts from sponsors such as Lucy Athletic Wear, Honey Stinger, UltrAspire and more (valued at $200).
• Relaxation massages are available for an additional fee (included when you book before June 29).
Slideshow of last year’s retreat: